Monday 5 March 2012

Chalky

I saw a few posts on the Internet about hair chalking so decided to give it a go. I wasn't expecting to get very good results because of my dark hair and previous attempts to put colour in it. But surprisingly the colour came out ace!




Here's how to:
  1. Get some oil pastels (I used WHSmiths Soft Pastels - they've got a chalk-like texture to them), a cup of water, a paper towel, a set of curling tongs/straighteners and hairspray.
  2. Dip the strand of hair you want coloured into water and pat with the paper towel so it's damp (you might find it easier to use a water spray but I haven't got one of those).
  3. Place the strand of hair onto a paper towel and colour it in with your chosen pastel. Always colour downwards with the pastel to keep from damaging your hair.
  4. Use a straightener/curling tong to set in the colour. I've read on line that curling tongs work best, but I don't own one of those and straightening seemed fine.
  5. Hairspray the ends, brush your hair, and you're ready to go!
  6. Just don't go out in to rain/touch it too much or the colour will come out.
Happy chalking!

2 comments: